Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My crazy fun filled weekend

    This past weekend was fun and exciting except for the mini hurricane on Saturday that was a bit extreme. We started the weekend off with a birthday dinner at Iavarone’s Friday night for Mike, Joel’s older brother. It was our first time at Iavarone’s and I must say it was great. The food was delicious and the drinks were even better!
This was my outfit for the evening.


This is our group picture in front of the restaurant.


Sunday I helped host my best friends bridal shower while Joel stayed home dealing with this...



    Its a slide and swing set we bought for Vince to enjoy in the backyard. Just by looking at the picture I’m sure you know how Joel felt, multiply that by 100 and that's how he really felt. If I had a hidden camera the entire time he was putting this together I’d get rich off that alone on you-tube. He was so frustrated with this swing set I really couldn't help but laugh, but not in front of him. He was upset about the instructions not being clear enough. The pictures shown in the instruction booklet really were no help at all. We were missing tools so he had to run to Home Depot last minute. When he finally got started 15 minutes into it he was already yelling and throwing things like a two year old. Hmmm I wonder where Vince gets that from. In the end Joel did an awesome job and Vince now has fun in his backyard all thanks to Daddy.


The finished product

While Joel was working on the swing set I was off enjoying my time away from the kids at Hamburger Mary’s for my best friends bridal shower. We had a breakfast buffet with endless mimosas and a drag show, you already know how that went. Michelle and I being the hostess for the event decided to split tasks and I was in charge of three game prizes. Since I have been getting into DIY projects I decided to be crafty and came up with three different DIY home decor.

  

Flower candler holder

What you will need:
A bouquet of fake flowers (Dollar Tree)
a glass candle holder (Dollar Tree)
sheer spool of ribbon (any color you prefer) (Dollar Tree)
a glue gun (Walmart)
a pair of stem cutters or scissors. (Walmart)

     What I did was remove three flowers from the stems of the bouquet and cut the bottom part to make the bottom of the flowers flat. I then cut individual straps of ribbon and glued it to the glass. Finally I decided where I wanted to place the flowers and glued them on as well. This one was my favorite.


 
Glitter tea light glass holder

 What you will need:
Glitter (Walmart)
Adhesive spray (Walmart or any craft store)
Tealight holder (Dollar Tree)

This one was a little tricky and messy so if you want to try this one I would recommend to wear gloves. I sprayed the inside of the glass bowl with adhesive spray but please make sure you use one that adheres to glass. Then just sprinkle the glitter all over the inside of the glass and let sit to dry for 30 minutes. You could also use glitter spray, I didn't simply because they didn't have the color I wanted.


Seashell center piece

 What you will need:

A small tall clear glass (Dollar Tree)
A bag of flower decorations (Dollar Tree)
A bag of accent glass (Dollar Tree)
Glue gun (Walmart)
Regular Ribbon (Dollar Tree)
Seashells (Dollar Tree)

I started by layering the glass, the seashells and the green grass balls. Once I got to the top part I wanted the shells and the glass to show so I glued them to the last grass ball on the top so it could look nicer. I felt it was missing something so I decided to tie a bow with ribbon that matched the colors of the seashells and glass.


Here are some picture of Yadi's Bridal shower
 Michelle, Yadi and I
 Way too many mimosa's
 The Drag Queens
Denise won the first prize, she took home my favorite.


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the candle holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend I love your blog! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candle holder too, thanks to you both. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love arts and crafts but let me tell you those red wedges are to die for! they are HOT!

    ReplyDelete