Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My belated Mother's Day gift



    So my mothers day didn't exactly go how I envisioned. I thought that I would be surprised with breakfast in bed, followed by a bouquet of roses and end with a lavish gift. Instead I over slept which jump started my day into rush mode. My breakfast sat in the oven for 2 hours, I didn’t get anything not even a card! All I had asked from my husband (Joel) was to take pictures of me with the kids and to help me at night so I can go to sleep early, because with a newborn and a toddler on two different sleeping schedules, well... you don’t really ever sleep. 
    The only good part of the day was spending time with my mom and Joel’s family enjoying good food and great conversations. I received and mothers day hug from my brother-in-law which was very surprising because he isn’t really a hugger. It felt nice to know that he came out of his comfort zone to show me some appreciation for the hard work I do at home with my kids. Joel on the other hand gave me no pictures, no gift, no card, no nothing. My evening ended putting Vale down for the night at 1am. I was pretty upset and Joel knew it because the next day he gave me a 30 minute I’m sorry speech and then I found this on the bed.
   When I saw this on the bed I just started to laugh. You cant tell much from the picture, but its a Pandora bag with a bracelet inside. For those of you that aren’t familiar with the Pandora bracelet there is a really cool theme behind it. If you notice below my bracelet doesn’t have a lot of charms like you would see in the Ads, it’s because you fill it with all these cute charms as you celebrate different moments in your life. My bracelet has a little boy and a little girl with a heart in the middle which represents Vince, Vale and my love for both of them. They have over 100 charms and they range from $25- $800. I know, nice right! Well that defiantly made my night especially since this was something that I actually wanted. Thank you my Love!










P.S. (click ->)  motherhoodwtf  it's a mommy blog I follow and this mother's day gift guide DON'T is hilarious!!! My favorite is # 9. Click on the link and check out the list. 

1 comment: