Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beauty on a tight budget!

    At home microdermabrasion

    I usually exfoliate my face with the microdermabrasion from Mary Kay but Ive been out for months and I honestly haven't had the funds to purchase it or anything else like it. And then I remembered coming across an article in a magazine that mention you could use baking soda and water since the grains would act as an exfoliant, so I tried it and it worked. 


First I wet my face, then I just poured a small amount of baking soda into the palm of my hand.


 Added water little by little until it turned into paste. 





     Once I've reached my desired texture I applied it in circular motion and voila I created at home microdermabrasion for only a dollar. When I was done I rinsed off with warm water then I washed my face with a gentle cleanser and hydrated with an oil free moisturizer. My skin feels amazing!!!! Now, since I haven't exfoliated in such a long time I'm probably going to wait a few days before doing it again and depending on how my skin reacts I might exfoliate two times a week for a few weeks and then go down to once a week. Let me know if you end up trying it and how it works out for you, enjoy!!!

xoxo Maria

1 comment: