Sunday, May 22, 2011

Diaper cake

    Today Joel and I went to his cousins baby shower and me as usual I didn't want to get just any gift from the registry instead I made a diaper cake. I've made four so far including the one I did today and I must say I've gotten pretty good at making them.


    For this cake I got the inspiration for the colors from the topper which is a rattle toy that was on the registry. I do make it a point to look through the registry and pick a few small baby items to place on the cake. Once I've gotten all my items I then get the ribbons to match. After the diaper cake is put together I think about placement of the baby items. Balance is key so I try to put all the bigger items at the very bottom of the cake and then work my way up. In the future I hope to share another diaper cake post where I can elaborate on the specific steps to building a diaper cake. Hope you enjoy!

Xoxo Maria

3 comments: