Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding craft

So my best friends wedding is this weekend and I was in charge of adding the colors of the wedding to the flower girl basket and the ring pillow. Below you will see what I started off with and what I ended up doing. Enjoy!



Items above: ring pillow, flower girl basket, thin teal ribbon, wide brown ribbon, medium brown ribbon, small brown ribbon and glue gun.





For the ring pillow I took the small brown ribbon cut them up into even pieces to form a box in the center of the pillow and hot glued it. I then took the thin teal ribbon and cut it to the same size of the existing ribbon in the center of the pillow and sewed in the same spot.

For the basket I took the medium brown ribbon hot glued it all the way around the top edge of the outer part of the basket. I then took the thin teal ribbon and rapped it around the entire handle, I sewed the ends in the inside part of the basket. I took the same medium brown ribbon and tied cute bows on each side of the handles with a small piece of the teal ribbon tied in a knot on the bottom part of where the bows sit.


Xoxo
Maria

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I love it and have fun at the wedding!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great. It looks so clean and the colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! and surprisingly it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete